The old RSS newsfeed at appinventor.pevest.com/?feed=rss2 automatically redirects to the new RSS newsfeed at https://appinventorplus.wordpress.com/feed/
If you subscribed to the blog via email, you must re-subscribe by going to the new blog URL and clicking on the Follow link near the top of the rightmost column.
If you read this blog via Facebook or Twitter, you do not need to do anything. Tumblr is not yet configured but will be soon.
Old page links, such as those on the Facebook group page like: http://appinventor.pevest.com/?p=1579
will continue to bring up the old pages, making it easy to access older material.
Most comments – except those entered in the past few days – were migrated to the new blog URL. Comments entered in the past few days (after the content was migrated but before the switch over was completed) appear here but not on the new blog.
Benefits of the new web site
- FASTER web site access and display of web pages
- SECURE web site access using https – this prevents Internet Service Providers, government agencies and others from spying on what you are reading online.
- AUTOMATIC SHARING to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and soon Tumblr. Previously I had to manually cross post items to Facebook and Google+ – and I was rarely getting caught up with Google+. Now the updates will be automatic!
- EASIER UPDATES as I consolidate my blogs into WordPress, I will have a single interface to reach any of them, which makes publishing easier and faster.
- MORE TIME for me as I no longer have to maintain the continuous software updates and debugging of multiple web sites. That means more time to post new App Inventor tutorials!
The only feature we lose – I think – is the summary page that automatically created a 2 or 3 line summary of each post and placed those into a single page.