An all new tutorial on this subject is available here as of May 2016! There is still some great information below – read both!
Apps you create in App Inventor may be added to the Google Play Store.
The process is not difficult but there are many steps to the process and you will need to create some graphic images to illustrate and promote your app in the store.
Summary of the Steps
- Set your app’s VersionCode and VersionName.
- Apply for a Google Developer account (one time fee of US $25 after which you can upload an unlimited number of apps, forever).
- Create at least two and up to 8 screenshots of your app for display in the store’s app listing.
- Create a “feature graphic” and a high resolution icon for use in the store listing.
- Use the App Inventor provided keystore file, or use a keystore file you have created elsewhere or previously.
- Build and export your app as a .apk file to your computer.
- Create a title for your app in the store
- Write a description for your app to appear in the store
- Decide on free versus paid (paid requires a “merchant account” to be set up).
- Upload your apk file, keystore file, image files and title and description, and provide some additional information (such as product category, pricing, and target audience).